Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #15





  
This is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer, Lili,
Stephanie, Helen, and Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews!
As the title implies, this is all about
sharing the books you're adding
to your shelves, be they physical or virtual.
For the complete rules, and to sign up,
just click on the link above.


This week's haul!!









Books Received For Review


The author sent me this, her debut novel,
for review. 
The premise is certainly fascinating,
as well as very original!
Mother Earth has, in her fury,
turned against humanity,
recruiting human souls to carry out
her revenge....
I can't wait to start it!!








Books Purchased

I've been wanting to get this
great YA vampire series
for a while now, since
I've heard so much about it!!
I was so happy to get the box set of the
first three volumes!
(And I love these beautiful covers!!)

















This one has a great cover, too, and
everyone's talking about it!
It's a YA paranormal, but, from the synopsis,
you really can't tell what kind
of paranormals they are.
It all sounds very mysterious and...
dare I say it?
Haunting.
I know we've had plenty of boarding schools
in young adult fiction, but,
since I never went to one, I find them
utterly fascinating!
(Many thanks to Harry Potter!)





The following nonfiction book is
a psychological study of The Twilight Saga,
my all-time favorite paranormal series!!
The book contains a collection of articles 
by professionals and academics,
each analyzing different facets
of this popular series, which explain its
unprecedented success and appeal
to fans worldwide.





This one deals with a guitarist
who unexpectedly meets his muse,
a lovely young woman...
only to have her disappear.
It's a romantic ghost story, and I
love to read those, too!!
This one might have some scary elements,
though...
We'll see how it goes!











What do you think of my haul?
What fascinating books
did you stack on your shelves
this week?








6 comments:

  1. I hope you like The Last Academy! I think it sounds cool and I really like the cover! It's a bit creepy and mysterious, but still cool looking. And I think I read Evermore ages ago, but I honestly don't remember.

    Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ashley!

      Yes, it does sound a bit creepy and mysterious. And boarding schools are so popular in YA fiction...but I couldn't resist! That cover called out to me!

      I tried to read "Evermore" right after The Twilight Saga, and couldn't finish it. I was too much under the influence of Edward....lol. Actually, I'm now re-reading the Saga. But I want to stat the Immortals series. From what I remember reading, it seemed GREAT!!

      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great haul. All of these seem interesting. Gemini Rising seems to hark back to Greek and Roman mythology where the Gods take their wrath out on humanity. I look forward to your commentary on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian! Yes, I agree that "Gemini Rising" probably has some influence from Greek and Roman mythology. It should be an interesting read!

      I'm glad you like all my books! Thanks for another great comment!! :)

      Delete
  3. The Psychology of Twilight sounds very cool! I have the psychology of Dexter on my kindle and really enjoyed what I've read of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steph!

      Yeah, I was SO happy when I came across this book! I'm a HUGE Twilight Saga fan!! And this book analyzes the appeal of the Saga from a psychological standpoint.

      I haven't heard of the Dexter book you mention, but I'll go get more information on Goodreads.

      Thanks for this lovely return comment!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)