Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shelf Candy Saturday #53: Luminosity, by Stephanie Thomas




Welcome to
Shelf Candy Saturday!!


This weekly meme/blog hop, hosted here,
features beautiful book covers!


If you'd like to participate, just grab my button (or create your own), write your own post, and link up in the Linky widget at the bottom of this post. (You have to click on "Read more" so that the entire post will open up.)

As a bonus, you can include information on the artist, designer, and/or photographer, but it's not required. You can simply feature a cover and explain why you love it!



Here's my choice for this week!



(Raven Chronicles #1)
Paperback, 296 pages
Entangled Teen
November 13, 2012
Dystopian Fiction,
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult Fiction


Why do I love this cover?

Well, of course, any cover with the color blue in it will always grab my attention.  I just can't help it...I love this color above all others!

This particular cover features several tones of the color, from very light to almost midnight dark.  What I particularly like is, of course, the young woman's very unusual eye makeup.  Those slashes of blue next to her eye mimic raven's wings.  Absolutely stunning!  The blue-purple color on her eyelid blends in well with the raven wing. 

The young woman's whole profile is bathed in blue, as well.  Her hair is bluish black, and her skin tone reflects all the blue.  Behind her, the landscape is also full of bluish tones.

I love the font used for the title!  It has a very futuristic look to it, with a hint of the Art Deco style.

Although I love this cover, I can't help but notice that it does have a rather dark, ominous feel to it, as well.  This fits in with the plot, which features psychic visions and characters known as Dreamcatchers. 

Since I don't yet own this book (incredible, I know!), I have no idea who the cover artist is.  I'd sure love to find out, because this cover is indeed a work of art!







What do you think of my choice?
What beautiful cover(s)
are you featuring this week?











No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)