Monday, October 10, 2011

Candlemark and Gleam, Publisher: Editor's Response to "Erekos" Review




I am very proud to publish an e-mail
sent to me earlier today by Kate Sullivan,
editor at Candlemark & Gleam,
regarding my review of Erekos, by A.M.  Toumala.

Kate has graciously allowed me to
post her comments,
which have really made my day!!
(As well as my night!)


Without further ado, here's Kate's e-mail:




Maria,

I just read your review of Erekos, and I wanted to thank you for doing such a wonderful job, and writing such a personal, poignant review - particularly given your distaste for zombi(e)s. Like you, I don't read zombie fiction...I don't watch zombie movies, I hate the things. But Shabane is so different from the brain-eating zombies that George Romero gave us that I had to give the novel a try, and I'm glad I did. I'm glad you did, too, although I absolutely understand your trouble with the descriptions of Shabane.

Thank you, too, for understanding that this novel isn't for everyone, and that it's much more literary than your standard fantasy fare. I think that's part of the charm of Erekos, but also something that makes it difficult for many people to get into. Your review does a marvellous job of capturing that, and I can't thank you enough for your very thoughtful and thought-provoking words!

All my best,
Kate Sullivan



Mastermind
Candlemark & Gleam
Back to the Future of Publishing



After reading something like this,
I feel that all my hard work on this blog is truly worthwhile!

Thank you so much, Kate!

All the best to Candlemark & Gleam
as you and your staff courageously
forge ahead,
publishing new authors!!






2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I'd be worried that an email titled "about your review ..." would be a negatvie one and I'd refuse to open it, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jamie!! Thank you so much for this comment!! I GREATLY appreciate your support!!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)